Monday, August 20, 2012

Diet Breakdown

Now that I am back!  :) I thought that I would do a quick post on my diet.  First I need to give a major shout out to my Mom!  With out her none of this weight loss would have been possible! 

Since everyone likes stats here they are:

Start: February 6, 2012
End: ? So far it has been 29 weeks. I don't think that there really is an end.  You always hear people saying that you really shouldn't diet, that it should be more of a lifestyle change.  I am proud to say that I do believe that I have succeeded and my lifestyle has changed.  I will continue to eat better and lose the last remaining pounds that I want, but then it will be about maintaining.  Maintaining I think is the hardest part, but I have made it this far so I refuse to let the weight bring me down again.

As of today, this moment, I am down 40 pounds!  It is a wonderful feeling, not to mention how much fun I am having buying clothes. 

Everyone loves a good before and after picture so I am going to share mine.  Please be gentle, I was aware that I was on the hefty side!




This picture was last Christmas, it is hard to believe that my Gram is gone now.  I hate that this is the way that I looked but I can't change it.  It think she was part of the reason that I wanted to really buckle down and lose the weight.  This picture was taken just short of two months before I started my diet.  My Gram passed away on January 23, 2012, and my diet started on February 6th.  I think from above she gave me the kicks in the pants I needed.



This picture was taken just last month when I was in Hungary.  We were in Budapest for the day and I just had to have a Starbucks date with my Husband and Father-in-Law.  I am pretty sure that there is a law somewhere that says that when you see a Starbucks in another country you must stop. (I think that this was my first full blown Starbucks - whip cream and full fat milk...it was heaven!) I also visited the one in the Heathrow Airport on our way to Hungary.  The trip was so much fun and I have so many photos to share so I am pretty sure that will be a blog post soon too.



This picture has nothing to do with the diet at all or really anything, but I just love this picture of Teddy.  It is so freakin' cute!  Teddy was my Gram's dog, but when she passed away my parents took him.  They bought him for her last February, when he was just a baby.  She loved him so much even though he is quite the trouble maker! 

I am going to leave you with his incredibly ridiculously cute face.  Until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment