Monday, February 06, 2012

150 Days to Go - Diet Day 1

Kramlik's Korner is turning a new corner for the next several months I am turning this blog into a diet blog. So throw the chips, cookies, candy, coffee drinks, and other tasty treats away, it is time for fruits, veggies, and all of that other stuff that is good for you.

So here we are on day 1. I finally caved and decided for myself that I was ready to embark on a diet. My morning typically would start out with a grande iced mocha from Starbucks and around 10ish I would have a granola bar or nutra grain bar. Today I did stop at Starbucks (I will eventually not stop but I decided that I needed to gradually reduce my caffeine so that I don't get a massive migraine from no caffeine) but I ordered a tall iced fat free, no whip mocha :( boring!!! Then once at work at 10 I had my first Slim Fast of the day. Now I have had Slim Fast before and was well aware of the nasty after taste that it has, but I am proud to say that I can get this can down in three swallows! I take one big swallow, a big drink of water and continue in this manner until I finish the can.
Lunch time was another can of Slim Fast and a rice cake. This surprisingly filled me up. Until the afternoon came and at 2:30 I got a bit hungry so I had a small container of applesauce. This held me over until 3:30 when I ate another rice cake. The afternoon is the worst time for me, I feel like I am always hungry, it probably has something to with the fact that the afternoon at work tends to drag for me so I am focusing in on my lack of eating. In the afternoon would be the time that I would tend to snack the most.
For dinner tonight I had a Lean Cuisine Chicken Club panini and a salad with spinach, eggs, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, snap peas, broccoli, and cheese. This kept me full for a whole 20 minutes. Luckily we ate around 6:15ish, and then I decided to read a magazine and shower. Which it is now 8 and I am eating a Smart Ones Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sundae. Yum! The best part of the day so far.
I suppose now that I have told you what I all ate today I should explain my reasoning for this sudden diet. You see in 150 days (hence the title of the post) I am going to go to Hungary for a wedding. I want to feel and look good, which most of the time I don't feel now. I am going to work really hard to get into shape and eating better too. It helps right now too that one of my co-workers is also dieting so she knows just how tough this can all be.
My goal is to lose 50 lbs in those 150 days. I know that sounds like a lot but I think that I can do it. Each day I will blog and let you all know how things are going and on each Monday I will reveal how much weight that I have lost.
Tomorrow I am going to sign up for a gym membership and then I will be really on the road to happiness and thinness!
I am off now to finish my sundae and hopefully not dream about food tonight!
Points Used: 24. (I am going to be doing Weight Watchers, right now my points allowed per day are 26)

No comments:

Post a Comment